Prayer for the State of Israel
This prayer is traditionally recited during Shabbat morning services as well as other times throughout the year to show solidarity with Israel. This traditional version of the Prayer for the State of Israel was published by the Chief Rabbinate of Israel in 1948.
Our Father who is in heaven, Protector and Redeemer of Israel, bless the State of Israel, the dawn of our deliverance. Shield it beneath the wings of Your love; spread over it Your canopy of peace; send Your light and Your truth to its leaders, officers, and counsellors, and direct them with Your good counsel.
Strengthen the defenders of our Holy Land; grant them, our God, salvation and crown them with victory. Establish peace in the land, and everlasting joy for its inhabitants. Remember our brethren, the whole house of Israel, in all the lands of their dispersion. Speedily bring them to Zion, Your city, to Jerusalem Your dwelling-place, as it is written in the Torah of Your servant Moses:
“Even if you are dispersed in the uttermost parts of the world, from there the Lord your God will gather and fetch you. The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your ancestors possessed, and you shall possess it; and God will make you more prosperous and more numerous than your ancestors.”
Unite our hearts to love and revere Your name, and to observe all the precepts of Your Torah. Speedily send us Your righteous Messiah of the House of David, to redeem those waiting for Your salvation. Shine forth in Your glorious majesty over all the inhabitants of Your world. Let everything that breathes proclaim: “The Lord God of Israel is King; His majesty rules over all.” Amen.
For Zion’s sake, I will not keep silent, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will give Him no rest, until her righteousness goes forth like the noonday, and her salvation as a lamp that burns.
~ Isaiah 62:1
Praise and proclaim GOD’S PROMISES
- Thank God for His faithfulness to the Jewish people and His everlasting love both for them and for their Arab cousins.
- Praise Him that He will prevail over every principality, power, and false religion that seeks to usurp Him and destroy the truth of His word!
Pray for GOD’S KINGDOM TO COME AND HIS WILL TO BE DONE
- On earth, in Ireland, Israel and the rest of the Middle East
Pray for TRUTH
- There is so much deception and propaganda surrounding the whole topic of Israel. God is concerned for truth and so should we be.
- Pray that the truth will be revealed in the Irish Media and among Irish Politicians, and that lies and deception will be cast down, wherever they are found.
Pray for SALVATION
- This is the greatest need for Jew and Arab alike. God uses difficulties and suffering to turn men’s hearts to Himself.
- Pray that men, women and children in Ireland, Israel and the Middle East will have a hunger to know the true God.
Pray for GOD’S REVEALED PURPOSES
- The Lord has clearly outlined His purpose for Israel in His word. Israel and the Jewish people are to be a light to the Gentiles and be a blessing to the world.
- Pray that He will bless and use Israel for His glory, not for their sakes, but His Holy Name’s sake (Ezekiel 36:22)
Pray for THOSE IN AUTHORITY
- Israel’s leaders face a spiritual battle as well as a physical one, and need our prayer.
- Pray for the Israeli Prime Minister and his Government that they may be guided by God and govern in righteousness. Pray that they will “act justly and love mercy and walk humbly with their God”. Micah 6:8
- Pray too for righteous leaders to be raised up for the Palestinian people who will truly care and work for their welfare.
Pray for THE BELIEVERS IN JESHUA
- Praise God that there is now a Messianic Jewish Congregation in every town in Israel and that Arab Christians Congregations are growing as well.
- Pray that both Messianic Jews and Gentile Christians in Israel will, with God’s grace, love their enemies, and have a prophetic voice amongst their peoples, and be united together in Yeshua.
Pray for PROTECTION
- Pray for protection for Israel from all the attempts by the enemy to destroy the State of Israel.
- Pray that God’s plan for peace in the Middle East will prevail over all the plans of men.
Pray for RECONCILIATION
- The ongoing conflict in the Land has done terrible damage to the relationships of Jew and Arab, especially amongst the younger generation.
- Pray for those groups and ministries who seek to break down barriers, especially among the youth.
Find out if there is a local “Prayer & Action For Israel” group in your area.